COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nature Notes 030311











For some reason last weekend, my polarizing filter wasn't set at the right position and most of my landscape photos were duds. I mean, they were really awful! And, I drove up to the mountains during decent morning light! I had taken off the filter to clean off some dust particles and I just forgot to adjust it when I put it back on. Well, I sure learned a lesson! There are about the only ones that came out without being overexposed! ACK! I did manage to get this photo of the tree in my header. It juts out of a small cliff and someday, when hubby is with me, I'm going to hike up to it and take a look around! I found some lichens on a rock and a tree limb with snow on it and a beautiful view of the San Jacinto mountains off in the distance. I never know what I'm going to find when I explore Deep Canyon! :-) Nature Notes for March 3, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong when out in nature. Love the tree root.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true about the filter.....I have to do the same thing here or the pictures turned out washed from the intense sun! Hope all is well. Regards. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful...love the new info and the photo on the sidebar. I usually get somewhere with no extra batteries or a full sd card...sorry about your filter...Thank you for the well wishes. It is amazing how sick you can be and how weak coming out of it....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your header photo is absolutely gorgeous. A polarizing filter makes a lot of difference, doesn't it? I have a nice camera, but it doesn't allow for putting filter on it. So, I just do the best I can. Sometimes I get lucky. Wouldn't it be fun to hike in your little corner of the world sometime. I'll have to work on that!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I really like all of these too! Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, even with the filter issue. I know the frustration of thinking you're getting great stuff, only to find later that you had some technical or setting error that ruined the whole shoot. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! I think it's wonderful that you have such a beautiful locale to practice your photography!

    ReplyDelete