Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mountain snow~That's My World 032111





A storm moved into the desert and our surrounding mountains yesterday and all day, at school, I watched the mountains. By the end of the day, I was anxious to leave on time (for once!) and drive up Highway 74 to see the snow. I didn't have very far to drive...this is only about 8 minutes up the mountain. It was snowing on the higher elevations of the Santa Rosa mountains. It was very quiet up there~windy and cold, but quiet. That was a nice change for the chaos of the day! That's My World for Tuesday, March 22, 2011.

5 comments:

  1. the view is really nice...nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting that the desert is no longer a desert. My first years there I had to wait 18 months to see any rain, now it seems to rain once or twice a month. Perhaps it's going to get dry in Oregon....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to calm. Looks gorgeous with the light dusting. No chance of snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice contrast this time of year, but us high desert dwellers get tired of waiting for spring to truly hit. But when it's hot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. visiting from My World Tuesday...

    following you...hope you'll follow me back

    here's my entry
    http://kc2009.blogspot.com/2011/03/escapar-una-isla-hermosa.html

    ReplyDelete