Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another storm coming in~Nature Notes~032411





Another storm is moving into our valley and mountains tonight, so I headed up the mountain so see the view and the lovely afternoon light. I'm finding that I really like afternoon light! And, I really like driving up the mountain by Deep Canyon in the afternoons, after school. First, the drive relaxes me and second, I find myself marveling at all nature has to offer. Today, two ravens followed me for a while back down the mountain road! I couldn't pull over because there was a car behind me, but for a while, we drifted down the road together. I glanced out the passenger window and saw one with its claws stretched out. I never know what I'm going to see driving up and down the mountain and each trip is unique. Nature Notes for March 24, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. what beautiful views! I love ravens there's something so majestic about them compared to most other species of crow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe all this beauty could get a storm - it looks like it will stay that way forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me hum John Denver, "There's a storm across the valley, clouds are moving in".

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so very beautiful.
    What a wonderful place to be.
    The serenity is purely breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you certainly have gorgeous views! Hope you outran the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why it would be relaxing and as you said, you never know what you might see....Michelle

    ReplyDelete