Yesterday I stayed indoors all day. I wasn't feeling quite right, I was tired from a long week at school, and I had a stomach virus during the week, so I was rather weak. But, I looked outdoors early this morning and the sky was lightly filtered with clouds and blue sky was peeking through, so up the hill I headed. You know, some days you are just lucky to have perfect lighting, even midday, and today was one of those gifts from above! I could not have asked for a more perfect day! I stopped at one of my favorite side roads, the road where I took my header photo, and went out walking. On this morning, there was no snow and it was relatively warm! The squawking blue jays were out in full force, screaming their threats against each other and the world. I got a couple of photos of my header tree, but they still aren't anything like the one I took that afternoon last fall. SOOC Sunday for March 6, 2011. To view other participants and to visit SOOC Sunday, please go to: http://www.murrieta365.com/
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Pinyon and side road~SOOC Sunday 030711
Yesterday I stayed indoors all day. I wasn't feeling quite right, I was tired from a long week at school, and I had a stomach virus during the week, so I was rather weak. But, I looked outdoors early this morning and the sky was lightly filtered with clouds and blue sky was peeking through, so up the hill I headed. You know, some days you are just lucky to have perfect lighting, even midday, and today was one of those gifts from above! I could not have asked for a more perfect day! I stopped at one of my favorite side roads, the road where I took my header photo, and went out walking. On this morning, there was no snow and it was relatively warm! The squawking blue jays were out in full force, screaming their threats against each other and the world. I got a couple of photos of my header tree, but they still aren't anything like the one I took that afternoon last fall. SOOC Sunday for March 6, 2011. To view other participants and to visit SOOC Sunday, please go to: http://www.murrieta365.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cheryl Ann, these are wonderful captures. If you keep this up, more and more people will be moving to SoCal!
ReplyDeleteHope you get to feeling better. Those shots are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWonderful shots Cheryl! I hope you feel better now!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos--the rock formations are so interesting. What a beautiful place to live! Mickie
ReplyDelete