On the first of the month, today, I was teaching my class of third graders, but last weekend (on Sunday), I drove up to Pinyon. There had been a ferocious snow storm up there on Saturday (I know because I drove part way through it). So, Sunday morning, I was eager to see all the snow. NOT! It apparently had melted overnight. There was snow in the higher elevations and that provided a beautiful, white backdrop. So, Sunday I took my time and drove up through the pinyon forest, stopping to look at the vegetation and scenery. By this weekend, the desert is expecting temps of 80 degrees, so I'm not sure how much snow will be left by then. First of the Month for March 1, 2011. To visit other participants in First of the Month, please stop by: http://www.murrieta365.com/
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Pinyon forest~First of the month~March, 2011
On the first of the month, today, I was teaching my class of third graders, but last weekend (on Sunday), I drove up to Pinyon. There had been a ferocious snow storm up there on Saturday (I know because I drove part way through it). So, Sunday morning, I was eager to see all the snow. NOT! It apparently had melted overnight. There was snow in the higher elevations and that provided a beautiful, white backdrop. So, Sunday I took my time and drove up through the pinyon forest, stopping to look at the vegetation and scenery. By this weekend, the desert is expecting temps of 80 degrees, so I'm not sure how much snow will be left by then. First of the Month for March 1, 2011. To visit other participants in First of the Month, please stop by: http://www.murrieta365.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not much change from last month. It would have exciting to see the snow..but it doesnt stick around too long in those temps.
ReplyDeleteYes, our snow doesn't stick around very long. Great photos.
ReplyDeleteI'm really enjoying your pictures from your drives up pinyon canyon. The desert is very pretty and you really know how to bring out its beauty. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on
ReplyDeleteJan n Jer,
ReplyDeleteThe snow didn't even last overnight on the lower elevations like the pinyon forest. But, the higher elevations were completely covered (you can see the snow in the background). I can only photograph what is there..
The snow makes a nice backdrop. I think it was 80 in Tucson today.
ReplyDeleteI love your shots... what an amazing place!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a beautiful place to take pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely place, It would have been lovely to see the snow, but I'm looking forward to seeing it when the spring comes there.
ReplyDeleteI'm very late -- but I just posted --
ReplyDeleteI would love to have gone on this little lark up in the pinyons with you