Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ice on cholla~Cactus Monday 022811


Sunday morning I headed up Highway 74 to see all the snow left by Saturday's storm. Well, there wasn't much! It was disappointing, especially considering that the previous weekend, snow was delicately balanced on trees, shrubs, and yuccas. I took a drive on a side road early in the morning and found ice on this cholla. You can see all the snow on the mountains in the background. They received quite a bit of snow. I didn't drive to the horse ranch because we had a big family day planned and I needed to get back down the mountain and get ready for the celebration. Cactus Monday for February 28, 2011. To visit Cactus Monday, please go to: http://painteddaisies.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I think winter is even more amazing in the desert than summer. Well, today I do. lol Nice photo capture.

    ❤HCM❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't find what you were expecting, but it's still a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the photo, the ice is just balanced there precariously. Great Cactus Monday shot. I was a bit late with mine so I didn't call it Cactus Monday. Hopefully next week I will get it together sooner! LOL

    ReplyDelete