Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mountain silence~Scenic Sunday 022011 and Sunday Selections







Some afternoons, after school, I have a real need to drive up the road by Deep Canyon and just sit and listen to silence! Wonderful, soft "aloneness" is what I need after having 27 third graders yap at me all day! so, up the mountain I head! Sometimes I hear the wind. Sometimes I hear birds. Sometimes I hear...absolutely golden NOTHING! It's like my ears need a rest! I can't wait to run out this morning and see the snow on these hills! Scenic Sunday for February 20, 2011 and Sunday Selections. This is my first post for Sunday Selections over at: http://frogpondsrock.com/2011/02/sunday-selections-7/comment-page-1/. I like her idea of going back through our folders and finding photos that we've forgotten about or neglected to post. I actually took these last December and just forgot about them!



4 comments:

  1. Well, you know what they say: silence is golden ;-) But hard to find. You've found a beautiful spot to enjoy some sweet silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to have such a serene place to Be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely photos, thank you very much for sharing them. I enjoyed reading your story on the sidebar of your blog as well :) cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Sunday Selections is such a great way to visit blogs you may never have had the chance to find. Cheryl, your blog resonates with me for so many reasons. I love animals too...and I can so relate to seeking out the silence & solitude of a place like Deep Canyon. So many people fail to take time out to connect with nature, to sit in silence and just be. I think I'd really like California as the more I see of it via the virtual world the more I want to visit... one day...

    ReplyDelete