Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

purple flower~Today's Flowers 021311

I have two of these blooming in my front yard and honestly, I don't remember what they are! Texas bluebonnets? I was just so happy that they grew! I'll try to go out today and get more photos of them. Anyway, I thought this one was pretty and I decided to post it for today. Today's Flowers for Sunday, February 13, 2011. Please let me know what it is if you know! Desert lupine? Texas bluebonnet?

12 comments:

  1. The flower is very pretty, whatever the name is.Your header photo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely composition.
    I like the different shades of blue/pink throughout.
    Your header is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ARE beautiful flowers! How nice to have them blooming in your yard...something a little different and stunning! I will email you today and let's make a plan...I'd love to arrange a fun day in the desert! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful capture. Happy Valentine's Day!

    My entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is a Texas Bluebonnet
    Lupinus texensis (Fabaceae)
    A hardy winter annual native to Texas. Adopted as the "State Flower of Texas", this is the most commonly seen variety along roadsides and in uncultivated pastures throughout the state.
    Very nice pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By any name this would still be a beautiful little flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty whatever they may be. Nothing blooming here in Iowa unless it is inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am downloading free fonts from http://www.fontspace.com and using GIMP to put them on my pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see anything in bloom right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous color! beautiful photo.

    http://savorthebite.blogspot.com/2011/02/todays-flowers-28-red-passion-flower.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eu não sei o nome, mas a flor ficou linda nessa foto!

    ReplyDelete