Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow~Simple Pleasures for February 24, 2011




We desert dwellers, and especially those of us who live on the desert floor, don't experience snowfall. Instead, we have to drive to other places to view snow. And, as a native Californian myself, I just didn't grow up around snow. My husband, who is from Pennsylvania, did, and he's had his fill of snow! (I guess that's why we live in the desert!) But, after last weekend's overnight snow, I was eager to get up and see it and feel it, and squish it on my boots! I loved the way it balanced on these leaves. It was actually quite light! More snow is forecast for Saturday and I'll be up interacting with it Sunday morning, weather permitting! Simple Pleasures for February 24, 2011.

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful!
    I love your photos of the snow on the leaves.
    We used to have much more snow in past winters than we've had in recent years.
    I miss the falls that stay for days and transform the landscape into a wonderland :-)
    lovely simple pleasure!
    blessings..Trish (in Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl Ann,
    Your Photo is beautiful.The first time I experienced snow, I was suprised to find that it squeeked when I walked on it--I thought it would be soundless.Enjoy
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your simple pleasure is just beautiful. It's made even more so because I live in an area that rarely sees so much as a dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't get much snow around these parts either, so whenever we do, it is really a big deal. Great smiple pleasures post and so nice to have you link up.

    ReplyDelete