Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cholla and snow~Cactus Monday 022111


I woke up early Sunday morning to see our valley completely surrounded by snow on all the mountains. So, while hubby was still snoring, I drove up highway 74, which travels above Deep canyon. It snowed all night and, in some patches, it was still snowing. Chains were required and I don't have any for the XTERRA. It was also very icy, so I turned around. But, I did get a couple of photos of cholla with snow, something I've wanated to capture for some time! Cactus monday for February 21, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Seems almost like a contradiction to see snow on cactus. Nice shots. Snowed here all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. So unusual for me to see snow on cactus!

    ReplyDelete