Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, February 21, 2011

"The Dancer" in snow~Creative Exchange 022111

I have found a dead tree up off one of the little dirt roads above Deep Canyon. I frequently stop there now to see what's going on and yesterday morning I was able to drive up there and see it covered with fresh snow. It snowed all night in our mountains and they received an additional 24 inches of snow (not here, but on the higher elevations). Everything was covered with light, fresh snow, and since I was the first person on this side road, I was able to walk it and listen to the snow falling off trees and shrubs. I know this photo isn't perfect. The tree is in the center, I didn't use my manual setting, yada, yada, yada, but I like it the way it is! Creative Exchange for February 21, 2011.

16 comments:

  1. I really like the composition, even though it is in the center, the asymmetrical tree really balances this out! I think it is beautiful, I can see it's graceful dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yadda, yadda, yadda doesn't matter at all. The photo is lovely and your description heavenly. How lovely that must have been.

    May I also say, your header photo is *gorgeous*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very beautiful, and I love the title you chose for it. Simply perfect! Isn't it wonderful when you get to a place where no one else has been, just after a snowfall? Love it!

    Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - even if CA and AZ hogged all the precip, giving us only a few rain drops and flurries, and alot of cold wind!

    Again, that scene could be right past my front door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful dancing tree, in any weather. We still have crispy snow on the ground this morning with breaks of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments! I'm glad to know that others believe, like I do, that some of our most cherished photos come from the heart! I plan on watching the area around "The Dancer" throughout the seasons this year and document how it changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your picture very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I "own" a similar tree along the south expressway and for years I kept looking for it, watching it grow and die a little, live again, look good again... and someday, I will stop and take a good shot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful image and such an appropriate title! What a lovely are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't take my eyes off your header picture.
    Saw the snow when I enlarged the tree and it looks fab agains the intense blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't matter that the tree is in the center, it's a nicely balanced composition since the branches are on the right side and that cloud is in the upper left. It's good to break the rules once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it, too! Great shot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the composition too. Since the tree is reaching to the side, it doesn't look "centered." What a great experience to be able to walk in the snowy silence without other distractions.

    ReplyDelete