The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Snow on sign~Thematic Photographic "Letters"~022511




This is the north-facing side of the national forest sign near Deep Canyon last weekend. This is at about 1,500 feet. We have another storm moving in tonight and snow will once again fall down to about 1,500 feet, so I'll have another opportunity to drive up Sunday (hopefully) and take more snow photos! I also took the south-facing side of the same sign so that you can read what it says! Thematic Photographic for February 25, 2011. To visit other participants, please visit: http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2011/02/thematic-photographic-135-letters.html

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely snow pictures...and if you really want some more big snow photos...have you been to Minnesota lately? ..hmmm and I guess a few other places this year...all kidding aside though...I'd be up there taking pictures and enjoy that view too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too high and too cold for me; I wasn't expecting snow pics on this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. This makes me anxious to see the White Mountain National Forest signs…May can’t come soon enough. How lucky you are to be so close to such beauty!. I look forward to seeing more of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I hope you come back with some good shots!
    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting a fresh coating of that white stuff here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in Montreal, and we used to go cross-country skiing just north of the city. Some of the parks had signs just like this: right down to the way the letters were carved out of the wood.

    This was a powerful reminder of my childhood. I'm glad you found my blog, too...and that I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Hope you have a good snow weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shots - hope you get your snowy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Bob - way too cold for me to want to be there!

    But these are really beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete