The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Deep Canyon in snow~That's My world 022211








It snowed in our local mountains Saturday night and Sunday morning I drove up through them to see the fresh snow. That's my favorite road in the top one. I parked in a nearby turnout and walked back a way over it, admiring the snow lying on pinyons, yuccas, and other trees and shrubs. It was very quiet, but the wind was blowing and even with 2 sweaters and a jacket, I was freezing. I decided not to stay out too long, since I'm still getting over my bronchitis, and headed back to my car. But, I'm glad I had this opportunity to see Deep Canyon after a snow storm. That's My World for Tuesday, February 22, 2011.


6 comments:

  1. Maybe cold but it's pretty dressed in snow. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a dusting of powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the same amount of snow that we got. Just enough to be pretty - and then gone by noon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your world is hot and dry much of the year, it must have been refreshing to see it covered with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, we were supposed to look like that, but just sunny, 60F.

    But it still looks just like here, sans snow...the wet granite boulders and soil get a great fragrance, don't they?

    I'll have some green chile quesadillas when you "drop by", to take off the chill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Deep Canyon get snow very often? It does take a while to recover from bronchitis, which I find surprising when I get it. I always seem to forget how long it takes to feel 'normal' again. Your blog is a treat for me to visit and I'd like to present you with One Lovely Blog award. Click here to accept this award for your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete