COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oak forest~Nature Notes 020311




As I drive up the mountain from the desert floor, I pass through an oak forest. It is on Cahuilla Indian land and there are many "NO TRESPASSING" signs. Sometimes I like to stop and admire the oaks. I took the top photo on landscape mode, but the second one was my first manual setting photo that came out without being either too dark or too light! YEAH! One time, I had pulled over here and down the dirt road, which intersects the highway, trotted two coyotes! By the time I leaned over to grab my camera, they had disappeared into the brush. It's a very calm and peaceful area and sometimes I just pull over, roll down my windows, and listen to the woodpeckers! Nature Notes for February 3, 2011. To see other participants' entries, please visit: http://ramblingwoods.com/


7 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about the southwest uplands and interior parts of San Diego...oak groves in the middle of dry areas! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree in the first 2 shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great area. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to be able to visit...Love the photos..I bet the coyotes enjoy it too...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great place to pause and enjoy the peace and quiet. Congrats on your first successful manual shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice place to stop and just BE.

    I think learning my camera will be a lifetime job. Just about the time I get to understand one, I buy another one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "manual setting photo that came out without being either too dark or too light" - I can so relate to the enthusiasm of getting a manual shot just right! They are lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete