Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Storm! Blogger's Community Challenge 022611
















Today is hubby's birthday, but this morning, while he was reading the Los Angeles Times on his tablet, I hopped in the car and traveled up Deep Canyon to see how low the snow was falling. It was falling about 3,000 feet. This was at 9:30 a.m. There were very few cars on the road and some of them were covered with snow. I'm sure the CalTrans bulldozers and snowplows will be out tomorrow morning, clearing away the snow and rock slides. I saw a few small ones already. I took all of these photos from the comfort of my car (I refused to get out into the sideways-blowing snow!) Bloggers Community Challenge~Storm~February 26, 2011. To visit this week's Blogger Challenge, go to: http://communityphotochallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/community-photo-challenge-storms.html

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby! ;)

    Wonderful images for our storm challenge!! Here in NY we had enough of snow...but it's sooo pretty to look at.
    Glad you joined in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots, I thought I would enter for fun also! Happy Bday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible...glad you didn't get out of your car...too cold!!! But it's very beautiful. The storm is approaching Tucson......another freeze is project after it hits tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is easier to catch the snowflakes on your tongue when they blow sideways.Nice to have you along. My stories are from interviews for the basic info and then I elaborate to make them historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to the Hubs! Lovely imagery and I'm with you - stay in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...it is really coming down! Again, I don't generally think of snow when I think of the desert. Makes for lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete