
Thank you so much, Shirley, for thinking of me for this award. If you want to visit Shirley's blog, you can do so here: http://shirley-mybookshelf.blogspot.com/. I'm sorry I didn't post it earlier, but it's been crazy around here! First, my laptop was VVVEEERRRYYYY slow loading and hubby finally did a virus scan and it had some malware. Of course, he blames all my blogging for that! He had to defrag it and run Norton twice! I wasn't able to post comments on anyone's blog and I wasn't always able to post comments here, too. So, I'm sorry for the delay in acknowledging this award. This is my newest blog and I actually have ten of them! Most of them are over at: http://deserthorses.blogspot.com/ and you can see them on the sidebar. Some of you know that I'm the same Cheryl Ann over at desert horses! :-) I really wanted just one blog to share the beauty and wonders of the deep canyon that runs from Palm Desert all the way up through our local mountains, the Santa Rosas. Highway 74 runs above Deep Canyon and I love to see the various environments, from the desert, through the pinyon forest, and finally up to the huge Ponderosa pines. I drive this road usually every weekend and sometimes midweek, to visit the ranch where I board my 5 rescue horses. I love driving it in the summer and looking at the thunderheads over the valley. I love it in winter, when snow decorates the trees and shrubs. And, on cloudy afternoons, I can look out and see the Salton Sea from this road.
Instead of nominating people for this award, since I just received another one last month, I'm going to open it up to anyone who wants it. It took over a year for people to begin coming to this blog and I've posted on a lot of posts on various weekly memes, but it seems that it is just recently that I've acquired some followers. I really enjoy the weekly memes and challenges and I feel that they push me and make me a better photographer! And, I love visiting other blogs! If you wish to see the memes, they are all listed below the posts. Please come join in! And, thank you for stopping by this blog. I try to open up Deep Canyon and share it with others, since it IS such a unique spot.
Thank you all!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteTruly so well-deserved.
Thank you so very much for your comments! :)
ReplyDeleteI wasn't blaming you at ALL for not participating, I promise! I'm just making sure you know that right off. ;)
Yeah, I was thinking that the other color themes were pretty well taking over things as it was...I wonder if trying a "Color a Month" might work a bit better...it would give people a bit more time to add their pictures, maybe.
What do you think?
Oh, and yes, I do like your pictures. It's neat that you get to take more desert pictures than us. ;)
-Miranda