Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cattle~Nature Notes~102711





On Sunday, I took a forest road through Garner Valley and was surprised to see some dark shapes looming ahead of me.  Turns out, it was a herd of cattle.  Yup...some of them had ear tags, so they weren't wild.  In fact, I drove right through the middle of them and they didn't move at all.  I even turned around and came back through them.  I don't know who they belong to...I don't believe they belong to the Garner Valley Cattle Company because they weren't in their pasture.  I'm going back this weekend to investigate further!  Nature Notes for October 27, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, please visit:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

9 comments:

  1. What a great photo op to stumble upon! Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you didn't get bumped by any in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such variety within one herd. Is this usual?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea who the herd belongs to. Frankly, this is national forest land, so I don't even know why they were there! I was surprised to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find, Cheryl. I'm envious, I do love cows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are certainly not fussed about you being there! The first one looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like they own the place! I bet they just stepped out of a Far Side cartoon to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise! Pretty impressive horns,though ... Good thing they didn't mind your being there, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like a happy and well fed herd..Love their faces..very sweet...

    ReplyDelete