COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hawk~Nature Notes~100611

I went for an afternoon walk yesterday at my favorite morning walking spot, which is one the dirt roads around the city-owned golf course. We aren't allowed to walk IN the course, but there are dirt roads around it.  There are always a lot of animals to see here...coyotes, ravens, roadrunners, jackrabbits, cottontails, ducks, geese, herons, egrets...It really depends on the time of year.  Right now geese and ducks are flying into the valley and I frequently see them overhead.  But, on this afternoon, it was a pair of Cooper's hawks that caught my attention.  One of them was on the ground in front of me and when I approached, it took off.  Soon, it was joined by another one and away they went, soaring high above me. I watched them swirl until they disappeared.  Nature Notes for October 6, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, please go to;  http://ramblingwoods.com/

6 comments:

  1. they're so majestic
    love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hawks remind me of the old-fashioned kid movies where the pictures fluttered together in a little book and looked like an animation. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing a raptor flying, but I am terrible on ID. I even bought a book that helps you to ID in flight, but it counts on you getting a good look..Lovely series and thank you for posting to Nature Notes...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have seen the hawks. They fly through during fall migration but they are so high up I cannot identify them. Nice photo series.

    ReplyDelete