I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Saturday, October 1, 2011
The mission at Santa Ysabel
Sever!al of you have written to me and told me you are familiar with this area or you grew up near here and I'm so happy to hear that! We've driven this road for years, ever since I was a kid, but until I got my first camera several years ago, I never really stopped to LOOK at all the interesting spots along it! Now I can't wait to go back and see more. I've drive past this mission for over 50 years and never stopped there until last Sunday. And, what a quaint, peaceful place it is! Santa Ysabel is right off Highway 78, west of the little town of Santa Ysabel. There's a large cemetery out front, which I neglected to walk over and check out (next trip...) and we were greeted by several large ground squirrels. There was a slight breeze this day and the wind was making the large chimes up in a tree move and sound out. Ahhhh....total peace. I felt very relaxed there. Hubby and I wandered around for about half an hour and I really didn't wish to leave! Next time we drive by this area, we will definitely stop again. It's apple season up in Julian and this is right on the way, so I'm sure we'll be back a couple of times this autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the tour of the mission. Great photos. That stained glass window is beautiful. It's sometimes hard to recognize the beauty right in your own back yard. Good for you for taking the time to do so.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Thanks for the tour. I'm very familar with this area also. We pass through Santa Ysabel at least once a month on the way to our favorite campground. We always stop at Dudley's to pick up some bread or a sandwich...
ReplyDelete