Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

old real estate office, Garner Valley




This old real estate office is next to the expensive new one, which, frankly, I find BORING.  I love this old one, which apparently is a historical landmark in Garner Valley.  Just look at its character.  I walked around it last weekend and took these photos.  It has Virginia creeper growing up the fireplace on the back and I'll post photos of that another day.  Look at the old porch. And, the wooden seats.  They just don't make buildings like this anymore!  When we bought our property up in the valley 33 years ago, this was the office we used.  It was thriving then.  Now, it is a home for ground squirrels and night animals.  I hope it doesn't disappear one day, so I'll continue to return to it and take photos of it. 

4 comments:

  1. Great shots and background info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most new things are boring now....which include the very young generations of kids addicted to their mobile devices. Creativity and artistic design are out there, but most of the original character driven things are replaced by monotone colors and floor plans. Just look at many of our suburbs. In Tucson, we have so many of these kinds of places. That's why we live in downtown where the quirky still thrives:) These older places hold dear memories and when they are erased, so are the stories that went with them. I have a story coming up on this about my high school in November. It bothers me sometimes how we are quick to dismiss that which should be treated as a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, I'm afraid that some day I'll drive by and it will be GONE! Just poof~ Gone~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! Newer, is not always better! Especially when it comes at the expense of something that is old and nice...

    ReplyDelete