COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Last week's photos



Here are a few photos from last weekend that I never got to post.  I want to get them up here because Friday morning, my laptop crashed.  I was one screen away from "THE SCREEN OF DEATH" on it...(the screen where you can't reboot your computer or you lose everything).  That happened on my previous computer,my desktop, but fortunately hubby took it to his computer guys and they WERE able to save all my photos.  Now hubby backs up both his photos and mine about once a month...BUT...I had over 200 photos from last weekend, many of which I never posted and still haven't.  It seems that my SONY laptop overheated, so I turned it off for an hour and the screen came up normal.  Phew!  What a scare!  I probably had 600 photos on it that weren't backed up!  So, I decided to post them here today (not all 600 of them!)...These are a few of my favorites from last week.  Hubby hasn't had time to back these up, so I need to get them online before POOF! my laptop crashes again.  I think it is okay now as long as I shut it down for the day when I'm done blogging in the mornings  (...crossing fingers...) The top photo is some fall color up in Garner Valley.  Next is an interesting gate there. After that is a photo of the murder of crows right across the street from a yard sale up there last weekend.  And, finally, that's my cousin's miniature horse.  Isn't Sunday (his name) adorable?  Enjoy your weekend!  I'm off to do "horse stuff" with my horses and I'll drive up through Garner Valley again, looking for ravens, fences, horses, and other interesting things to keep me busy posting with for the next week!  I did take some photos of the rock work along Highway 74, but I just haven't done that post yet.  Donna, I'll also do a post on another one of my horses next week.  Thank you for reminding me!
~~Cheryl Ann~~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots. It would be a shame to lose them indeed.
    It never happened to me but hearing other people loosing their photos, I bought a 750 GB external hard drive, under $ 100, for keeping my photos safe. So my laptop and PC work faster and I attach the ext. drive only when I work with the photos. Try it out!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gate, and the horse.

    Bummer about the laptop. My last HP did the overheating problem. But I was backing things up. Good luck with that. I know like my ASUS laptop.

    Have a Happy Horsey weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an external hard drive and 99% of our photos are on it. The only ones which aren't on it are all of our recent ones, like the last month. I'll be sure to ask hubby to move them over tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most scary thing about computers. I try to back up stuff all the time, but I forget to quite a bit. I have about 60,000 pics on mine and I don't want to lose them! A lot of them are scanned from old film photos, but still...
    Supposedly, there is a external drive that auto-connects to your computer and auto-saves every new item and/or updated item.

    ReplyDelete