I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Fence, gate and foreground~Sunday Stills Challenge~101611
I drove up through Garner Valley again yesterday before heading over to the horse ranch where I board my horses. It was a beautiful, crisp, clear autumn morning. I wanted to check on the aspen and birch trees in the little community at Garner Valley. I saw this fence and gate and as I was taking photos, the owner of the house invited me in to see their little weekend cottage, which is for rent! I loved her fence and this front gate and she told me...gasp...that they are taking it down next week! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! But, then she said they were installing a new one and showed it to me. It's just like this fence, only newer. They are painting it themselves to save some money, but hiring a professional company to install it. I hope they retain the gate. Isn't it adorable? She was very kind and invited me in to see the small "cottage" and I'll be posting about that next week. It was cute, cozy, and clean. I may drive hubby back up there today to take a look at it again. Sunday Stills Challenge for October 16, 2011. I like how the gate is in the foreground, but you can still see across the street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nice job!
ReplyDeleteThat's a very inviting gate. Look forward to seeing the cottage.
ReplyDeleteNice photo. I too look forward to reading about the cottage.
ReplyDeleteThat gate is adorable!
ReplyDeleteVery nice fence entrance :) Cool shot.
ReplyDelete