COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, October 3, 2011

Manzanita in the fall


The manzanita along Deep Canyon  is awesome right now!  It's a beautiful shade of rust and lines Highway 74 from Pinyon to the cutoff at Highway 371.  I stopped Saturday and took these photos.  I just HAD to get out and look at it.  During the rest of the year, it isn't this bright.  Two huge storms are heading our way this week and the mountains already had another one on Friday.  The road to the horse ranch was muddy and I skidded along it.  I just heard that Pennsylvania has already had its first snow and our mountains may get some this week, which would be about four weeks early.  They sometimes get snow by Halloween, but even that's early.  The Palm Springs tram always has a "snow guessing" contest, but if they get measurable snowfall this week, I don't believe the contest has even started!  That would be an extremely early snowfall.

2 comments: