I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, October 6, 2011
desert rain~SkyWatch Friday~100811
Sometimes here in the desert, rain falls, but it doesn't hit the ground. I don't know the term for this, but it happens frequently. It's always interesting to watch the rain fall earthward. Here is an example of that. It was raining, as you can see, but whether that rain actually hit the ground, I don't know. I don't think so. I was walking one morning last week when I saw this. I'm sure other desert dwellers recognize this. SkyWatch Friday for October 8, 2011. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful sky capture.
ReplyDeleteSydney - City and Suburbs
That is beautiful...I've never been to a desert...that is on my list of places to be some time in my life.
ReplyDeleteThat is a dramatic sky. Love those streaks of gray.
ReplyDeletethat's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNice capture of virga. I see this a lot at the canyon.
ReplyDeletenice sky shot
ReplyDeletehappy SWF
Beautiful scene.
ReplyDeleteRegards and best wishes
beautiful sky..:)
ReplyDeleteMy SkyWatch Friday
Awesome capture of the dramatic cloud and sky! Happy skywatching!
ReplyDeleteNice shot! Happy skywatching!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gaelyn! I knew somebody would know the term for this...virga!
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful! :D
ReplyDelete