The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Yucca~Mellow Yellow Monday~102411


The hillsides of our local mountains, the Santa Rosas, are covered with leftover yucca blooms, including these three I spotted yesterday.  I took my favorite side dirt road up through Pinyon.  The road was deserted and I took my time driving along it, admiring the views down into Palm Canyon and beyond.  These leftover yucca blossoms were actually from last spring.  Most of the others have died and don't have the flowers on them, but for some reason, these still do.  These actually are a variety of yucca and their spikes line the rocky mountains from yesterday's post as well as the dried agave blooms which also line the pinyon forest along Deep Canyon.  Mellow Yellow Monday for October 24, 2011. To visit Mellow Yellow Monday, please go to:  http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Nolina parryi or N. wolfii! Nice scenes, especially the way those stalks puntuate that cobalt blue sky and contrast the bushy Calif. Juniper + Pinon trees.

    Soon I will be planning my mid-century modern architecture roadtrip to your area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics! I've sure seen a lot of these on my trips around the southland...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for sharing, beautiful:)


    Visiting from MYM! Hope you can visit me too if you have not done yet..

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/10/mellow-yellow-monday-144-%E2%80%93-coconut-shell-coin-wallet.html

    ReplyDelete