Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Clouds hugging the mountains


When I leave the desert floor and head up Highway 74 to our local mountains, I never really know what the weather at the top will be like.  Sometimes it is clear.  Sometimes not.  This weekend, it was clear and sunny in the desert, but up on top of the mountains, clouds were moving in, it was breezy, and soon clouds were everywhere!  I thought it might even be snowing at the higher elevations, but I don't think it got that cold.  As I came around one corner, this is what I saw.  Don't you just love the way the clouds hang onto the mountains?

1 comment:

  1. I have seen that often since we have been in the area and it is always a magical sight.

    ReplyDelete