I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Friday, November 11, 2011
Lone Pine road and fence~Friday Fences~11/11/11
This is our favorite road off Highway 395 in Lone Pine, CA. It goes along one of the largest ranches in Lone Pine and heads toward the Sierras. In September, when we stopped here on another trip, this entire area was covered with wild sunflowers. But, on this autumn morning, the pastures were brown. On our return trip, the Sierras were covered with clouds and it was snowing on them. What a difference a few days can make! Friday Fences for November 11, 2011. To visit Friday Fences, please go to: http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm going to California next week. Can I just find you and follow you around??? I LOVE these kind of roads. It was the biggest fight with my former husband. I wanted back roads and he absolutely refused to get off the freeways. He was a poor sport about everything. :)
ReplyDeleteCalifornia brown can be beautiful - I like this shot a lot. Great colors and nice composition.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Gorgeous Awesome... all the above =)
ReplyDeleteDid you change the colors? Or was the sun setting? Interesting.
ReplyDeleteLove this shot! The crisp colours, and the long shadows, the deep blue sky!! Just heavenly!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful view...I like the way the fence leads into it.
ReplyDeleteTime Stand Still
The field of sunflowers must have been fabulous, but I think this shot would be my favorite. Love the soft autumn light that you've captured here. Probably reflects wonderfully off the mountain.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful shot. Love the contrasting colors and how the fence draws you into the picture.
ReplyDeleteI love this view!
ReplyDeleteFridays Fences
Incredible I just want to drive down that road. I would probably never leave. Great shot. B
ReplyDeleteAwesome shot..it really draws you in!
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous photo that just calls to my heart.
ReplyDelete