Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

horse ranch and snow~Ranch tour, part 3





The ranch gets snow maybe 3 or 4 times each year.  I took these photos in 2009 right after a storm.  It looks so different and the horses are all wolly!  They already have their winter coats.  Scout, who is light in summer, actually turns brown during the winter months!  Go figure.  You'd think that she would have a lighter colored coat in winter than summer, right?  Nope! The mountains around the ranch have already had snow a couple of times, but there hasn't been any down at the ranch yet this year.

1 comment:

  1. No snow here, either :) But I did enjoy seeing some in your photos!
    By the way, do you remember Mary's Window Views... and Doors, Too meme? I really miss it, and I'm thinking of starting up a new, similar one. Would you be interested in participating?
    Feel free to leave a comment on my blog - I just proposed the idea, here: http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/2011/11/shadow-shot-windchimes-and-question.html
    I'd love to have you on board!
    I hope you don't mind me writing to you in the comments like this, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.
    All the best,
    -toby

    ReplyDelete