COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, November 13, 2011

What in the world????






Deep Canyon is an interesting environment and I'm always discovering new things there.  Saturday was a dull and dreary and rainy day.  I headed up the mountain, past the pinyon forest, to the horse ranch to check on Cali's progress after she colicked this week.  She is doing fine and recovering.  She passed a LOT of sand in her manure...sigh...This is a constant battle.  She's a Wyoming mustang which my husband purchased on a BLM online bidding, along with Scout. Horses don't intentionally eat sand, but if they are fed on the ground, they accidentally injest it  Anyway, along the way, I pulled off at my favorite dirt road to explore the mountains in the rain.  I found these yuccas, with the morning's raindrops still on them. Interesting, eh?

5 comments:

  1. Love those broadleaf yuccas for their intrinsic beauty and the flowers and fruit are quite tasty. Also a useful plant for its fibers and soapy roots. Nice close up shots. Hope you didn't get poked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your horse. That was so nice you to buy them. The photos (and subjects) are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting yucca's but interesting story about your horses. I did not know that mustangs eat sand! How I would love to go riding in the mountains with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those things fascinate me. All those little strings and things on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curls on the broadleaf yuccas (looks like Mojave Yucca) are so exquisite, so is the contrast of moisture on them (so rare)! Nice close-ups.


    California - much more than the beach, the Golden Gate Bridge, or starlets...

    ReplyDelete