Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"The Dancer" and clouds~Our World Tuesday~112211

I stopped by to visit my favorite dead tree up in the pinyon forest last weekend, as a storm was gathering.  I always worry that someday I'll drive by and she will be gone, but she was still there, limbs stretching into the wind.  The clouds were moving down the mountain.  I'll be heading back up the mountain today to go check on the horses.  There is a new dusting of snow on the Santa Rosa mountains behind these smaller ones, so I'll need to bundle up!  Our World Tuesday for November 22, 2011.  To visit OWT, please go to:  http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful shot! I can feel the solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dead trees have always fascinated me. I love taking pictures of them and then putting a caption with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty grey colours. That cloud poking from between the mountains was the highlight of the pic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dead tree. Our lake has lots of snags because the water flooded them after the dam went in. A few even have osprey nests. Fun to watch in the summer. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing more beautiful that a dead tree standing there in all of its glory refusing to drop to the ground. These trees stand out so beautifully against the backgrounds. Yours captured all of this beautifully. Such a fine capture. Lovely. genie

    ReplyDelete