COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mountain rainbows~Nature Notes~111711





I've written about the many different moods of the Santa Rosa mountains.  From clear and dry to wet and rainy, with snowy days in winter.  Last weekend was dull and dreary.  It was raining as I headed up the mountain to go check on Cali and the other horses.  I wanted to make sure they all got an extra feeding during the day to help them maintain their body warmth for the cold nights up there.  Once I got up to the pinyon forest, however, the rain lightened up and a rainbow appeared.  Actually, it was a double rainbow.  I'm always amazed by what the mountains reveal to me and each trip is full of new discoveries!  Nature Notes for November 17, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful rainbows...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Cheryl Ann..it is always a treat to see such color on a dreary day.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing rainbows. Beautiful scenery and photos.

    ReplyDelete