I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, November 6, 2011
The road down to Mammoth
This was the icy road that we drove down Saturday morning, about 11:00 a.m. Actually, hubby did the driving. I sat in the passenger's seat, biting my nails. He slid sideways a couple of times, but we made it down to the bottom without chains. Phew! I really do NOT wish to do that again! Even up in Deep Canyon, the roads aren't like this (or I haven't seen them the last few years.) This road was completely iced over. Fortunately, we had a forest service ranger behind us, so if we got in trouble, I'm sure he would have stopped to help us. Hubby grew up in western Pennsylvania, not far from Erie, and he is used to driving on roads like this. As a native Southern Californian, I'm NOT! It's good to be home. I really enjoyed our two full days up in Mammoth, with the wood stove going and hot soup, but the dogs and our indoor cat, Abby, really missed us! There are two dogs asleep right now at my feet. Our son stopped by to feed them (and his dog, too), but they don't really eat until we return from our trips! They are very spoiled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate driving on icy roads....scary stuff. Looks beautiful and relaxing. Hope you both had a nice visit.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got home safe and had a good time. That road looks very scary. I am able to drive in snow but prefer not to.
ReplyDelete