I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Saturday, November 5, 2011
We're heading home!!!
After snow here most of the day yesterday, a break today, and then another 18 HOURS of snow heading toward Mammoth, we're heading home today. We'll stay overnight in Lone Pine. Hubby can take 10,000 photos of the Alabama Hills and be a happy camper. We mostly stayed indoors yesterday while it was snowing here and I haven't ventured out yet. We were visited by a very noisy bluejay who landed on the cabin's porch railing and demanded food! I had some peanuts and other nuts and he was quite happy, although he was very loud in his excitement! I've got some nuts pounded up for him today, so he'll be a happy camper again. I even, in my desperation, put out some fruit bits for him, which he rejected, but I see little footprints in the snow on the porch and outside the kitchen window (I'm thinking raccoon), so somebody got an extra meal! We'll have to put on the snow chains to get down the mountain this morning as it snowed a LOT yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lone Pine and the Alabama Hills...now you're talking! Is there snow in the valley?
ReplyDeleteI get a kick out of the jays...so demanding!! They're fun to feed and watch.
Be careful coming down the mountain.
You be careful on those roads. Hope you are feeling a bit better today. Say "Hi" to Lone Pine for us...we were there earlier this year. That area up through Bishop is always one of our favorites.
ReplyDelete