Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, November 28, 2011

On a sad note...

I'm sorry to report that a young man, age 14, was shot and killed this weekend up at Little Thomas Mountain.  He was out on a family outing when the tragedy occurred. I just drove up that road not long ago and many, many horse people ride up there.   Anyway, since his family is from Coachella, and that's where I teach, I wish to extend my condolences to his family. Here is one of the photos I took when I drove up the road to Little Thomas Mountain, which is off Highway 74, on the road to Idyllwild, near the Garner Valley Cattle Company. My prayers and sympathy go out to this family. Apparently he was shot by his cousin, who was also 14.  Here's a link to the story:  http://www.mydesert.com/article/20111129/NEWS0804/111290303/Coachella-boy-killed-hunting-accident?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

4 comments:

  1. That makes me so sad. It's difficult losing kids before their time. What a terrible loss for the community and family! It breaks my heart. Was it an accident? Or playing around? Or someone with the intent to kill? No matter what the answer, it's unfortunate. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about that. How awful. How unbelievably awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stories like this make me really sad! People have just lost sight of the important things...

    I'm loving the camera so far! I would have gotten a slightly better one, but one step at a time. ;) haha No, but there was only so much money I want to spend at this point. Can't WAIT to start getting lenses and an external flash, and the such. :D

    Thanks for the comment!

    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete