COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mountain clouds~Our World Tuesday~111511




As I headed back down the mountain after checking on the horses Saturday, clouds swirled around the local mountain, sometimes creating mysterious and eerie effects.  When I'm in the desert, I'm at 200 feet above sea level.  Up on these mountains, I'm at 4,000 to 5,000 feet, depending on where I am at the moment.  In the desert, I can look up and see the clouds.  On the mountain, I'm up in them.  These clouds were drifting around the mountains and I stopped to take photos of them before returning down the hill to home.  Our World Tuesday for November 15, 2011. To visit OWT, please go to:  http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Great captures. I rather like looking up or down at the low mountain (or canyon) clouds instead of being in them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures again. Really pretty area there. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I almost forgot to tell you. We were up at KQ Ranch (halfway from Julian to Lake Cayumaca. We were camped on a ridge line where we could see the ocean on one side and the Salton Sea on the other. I was told of that view a long time ago, but because of the marine layer was never able to see it that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when we ride our quads into the mountains on a foggy day it is fun to ride up through the clouds and come out on top. It looks like you could walk on their fluffy tops. - Margy

    ReplyDelete