Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Frost!!!




I drove up to check on the horses this morning and to be there for their weekly lesson with my trainer.  Unfortunately, she hasn't been able to work with any of them for over two weeks because of all the rain, rain, rain!  Hmmmm......It rains, then clears for several days, then rains again and the arena is VERY slippery.  But, since I'm home this week, I was hoping she would come today and she did.  She worked 3 of my 5 horses (not the two mustangs) and I can see how they have progressed since August.  They all have much softer eyes and that's a big thing for a PMU gelding who was terrified of every sound and leaf moving and a hyper thoroughbred!  I'll post pics from the lesson later this week.  I stopped at the oak forest, which is on Cahuilla Indian land, to gather some acorns for our scrub jay, who inhabits our neighborhood.  I thought I saw snow on one of the hillsides there, but it turned out to be a heavy frost.  I grabbed my camera and did my best to capture the frost on the weeds and log.

2 comments:

  1. Unusual weather indeed! The acorns have been falling here....and by December, they will cover our courtyard! PS. I just hit a cool tune on your site....it's very relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr! Better head back down to the valley where it's warm! We drove up 74 today but only as far as the Anza cutoff. Didn't have time for more and the highway sign said construction on 74. Don't like getting caught in construction traffic.

    ReplyDelete