I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Mountain moods
Hubby had to go in to work early this morning, so by 7:30 a.m., I was ready to head up the mountain and stop and check on Cali again. I wanted to make sure she was okay and give her some more oil and sweet feed. So, up the mountain I headed. It was drizzling down here in the desert and as I went up the mountain, I saw a lot of clouds. At first, I thought it was snowing, but it wasn't cold enough. Nope...just rain. The clouds parted at one point and I stopped to take these photos. To me, these mountains, the Santa Rosas, are magical. They change with the seasons and sometimes within each day. I never really know what I'm going to find. I was expecting snow today, but instead, further ahead, I saw a double rainbow. I love these mountains.It rained for a few hours, then quit, then started up again. Cali was fine. Wet, but fine. I gave her and Scout some sweet feed, CocoSoya oil (to help keep them warm), and some rice bran. I'll head back up tomorrow to check on her one more time before another busy week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So where's the rainbow picture? ;)
ReplyDeleteThe pictures caught me but the text will remain with me.
ReplyDeleteI love those pictures with the clouds and sun rays coming thru them. Glad things are well with you. Did you have to get your camera fixed after your fall? How are you, now?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful lighting. I, too, love the mountains!
ReplyDelete