Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The maples have finally turned~Nature Notes~112411





When I went up to the horse ranch where I board my horses on Tuesday, I was thrilled to see the maples there had turned bright red.  One tree, however, is already bare.  But, three still had their leaves, so after the lesson with three of my horses, I wandered over to take a look.  Aren't they beautiful?  I hadn't been up to visit my horses for a couple of weeks, so I'm glad I have this week off school, even though Monday and Tuesday were furlough days.  I was there for the horses' lesson and they've made a LOT of progress since August, when I was last able to attend a lesson with them.  They all now patiently stand at the tie rack and they don't pull back.  That was a real problem for Quad, my off the track thoroughbred, and Sunni, my big gelding. Each of them got a turnout in the arena and Quad was the only one who took off running and bucking!  Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your family time.  I'm making a quick trip up to the ranch this morning to give the horses some psyllium, then back home for a shower and then dinner with the family. To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and leaves. Gorgeous photos! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors, and love the composition in the first and last picture. happy thanksgiving to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! Those colors with the blue sky in the background are awesome. Love the banner shot too - my kinda place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of fall...I'm glad that your horses are good students. I had no idea until my sister got horses how much work they were..but of course how much joy too. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving Cheryl Ann.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete