I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Friday, November 4, 2011
Kersplat!!!! I went face first....
No, I didn't fall outside the cabin. I fell KERSPLAT inside the cabin, on the slick kitchen floor. I was so excited after my first venture outside that I didn't realize the frozen bottom of my boots and the vinyl kitchen floor were not a good match, so I fell face first right flat on the floor. My beloved Nikon camera went flying across the room onto the floor, too. Hubby was livid and screamed at me, "YOU NEVER wear icy boots inside on a vinyl floor!" Well, I'm sorry...I've never been in a snowstorm before. This one was my first. I lay on the floor and said, "Don't TOUCH me!" (concerned that I had done damage to my already-fragile back), but it was my right knee that took the brunt of my weight. I just lay there thinking about my camera. No, it isn't all right. The viewfinder is SHOT and I can't make any adjustments on my manual settings. ...sigh...Hubby did check around and it seems I can get it fixed for $150.00. I've done just fine outside, but indoors is another problem. There's slate right inside the front door and I've learned to stop and immediately take off my shoes. I've gone outside, hobbling around on my sore knee, which now hurts like HE%%. It's cold and windy and I'm cranky. That's our car this morning and that's our cabin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear of your problems! Hope your back and knees are o.k. Too bad about the camera. You did manage to get some shots of that snow, though! Quite the storm for this early.
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is NOT good. So sorry to hear about the camera and your knee...hope they both get better soon!
ReplyDeleteHubby: Never scream at a woman who is already down!!
Get better soon and hopefully the camera will be as good as new.