COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A woodpecker's tale~Nature Notes~052914

When we pulled into the driveway that led down to the cabin we rented last weekend, I immediately noticed a woodpecker enter a hole in a tree and then I heard the chirps of the baby woodpeckers.  It was a woodpecker nest!  I walked down to it several times and stood for 15-20 minutes, but the mother didn't return.  Finally, on one of my walks over to the main lodge, I finally spotted her and got these photos.  Nature's Notes for May 29, 2014.   To visit Nature's Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/  She must have had some hungry babies!  I heard them every time I walked by the tree.  I saw her enter it a few times, but she was so fast...I was lucky to get these photos!




5 comments:

  1. Pretty woodpecker! Does it have an all white head? Great sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The female had an all-white head, but the male had a red spot on his.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of those woodpeckers. And I love your header. Never seen that many mountain goats? at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a treat Cheryl Ann and I have never seen a woodpecker like that but the male woodpeckers all seem to have a red spot as the ones here do too... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love woodpeckers! they have so much personality!

    ReplyDelete