COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, May 9, 2014

More saguaros

I figured I might as well post the rest of my saguaro photos, since I had quite a few (for me, at least) comments about them.  No, they aren't native to our desert.  Yes, they have to be purchased and brought in.  I often see huge flatbed trucks with them.  I have no idea what they cost, but I've heard they are VERY expensive.  I read something once about saguaro theft...

They only bloom at night (we read a story about them in our reading textbook).  Moths, bats, bees and even doves will help to pollinate them.  They only bloom in our desert in May and then the blossoms are gone, so I'm going to enjoy them now!




No comments:

Post a Comment