There is something timeless about the ocean. I used to go to the beach quite a lot growing up in the suburbs of Los Angeles, especially during my high school years. Heck, my boyfriend and I would hop in his little Triumph, and off we would go! I never ditched school to do this (remember, my mother was a teacher...), but we would go on weekends. Believe me, I've had plenty of sunburns (and now skin cancer) from those days!
We don't often make it over to the ocean any more. We live 2 hours away, but most Southern Californians are 2 hours from either the desert, the mountains, or the beach.
There's just something relaxing about going to the beach. I watch the waves break against the rocks, I watch the pelicans fly by, and I inhale the fresh ocean air. This guy flew right by me and I raced to adjust my camera to capture him. SkyWatch Friday for May 16, 2014. To visit SWF, please go to this link: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Beautiful shot... and a big departure from your usual desert photography!! Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteA timeless shot too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoying your shot. The flying pelican above the sea looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteSunblock with high SPF is a must if we're going to the beach.
Happy weekend :)
www.womenandperspectives.com/2014/05/sky-watch-reflected-sky.html