COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, May 4, 2014

This year's grape harvest

Well, apparently this year's grape harvest is the earliest in 30 years.  I believe it.  The grapes are usually harvested right before the end of school (mid-June), but they are ready for harvesting now (early May).  I haven't driven out to take photos of the grapes for a while, but I saw this one on a story on Facebook:  WOW!  They are READY for harvest!!!  Actually, they started harvesting them April 23.  With an unusually warm winter, the grapes grew and grew and grew.  Finally, the Coachella Valley harvest, being so early, is BEFORE the grapes in Mexico are ready, so be sure you buy California grapes!

2 comments: