Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blogging as therapy

I blog for several reasons.  First, I've always loved to write.  I started writing in first grade and I haven't stopped since.  Second, I've always taken notes and there's just something about having a pencil in my hand.  I ALWAYS have something in my hand at school...either a pencil or pen or highlighter.  I often fidget with it.  I'm also a kinesthetic learner.  Show me something and I won't get it.  Have me do it with my hands, and I've got it!   :-)  Also, I was a pianist for most of my life.  Therefore I have excellent hand/eye coordination.  I used to sit at the piano, bring my fingers to the keyboard, and off they'd go (muscle memory).

Blogging also is my quiet time.  Believe me, after 30 screaming, yelling, nagging kids all day, I want to come home, write, and do something QUIET.  Blogging is perfect.

Finally, I wanted to leave something for my kids.  No, I don't have many photos of myself (and hubby hardly EVER takes any), but I do want to leave them memories of the places we've been and the places I love, like Deep Canyon.

So, off to Blog Land I go...

Our son and his family...

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy blogging to get to connect with other people around the country and to see their homes through their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the interaction with other people is the best part. I also love getting my experiences and photos in a permanent setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is a great way to leave your herstory behind.

    ReplyDelete