COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, May 23, 2014

Thunderstorm!

We had a doozie of a thunderstorm here yesterday afternoon, which is unusual for May.  Thunderheads were overhead by noon and by 2:00, the skies opened.  We had just walked to the library and had to carefully walk back to class.  I knew it was useless to try to settle the kids down so I let them sit on the floor, watch the lightning, and listen to the thunder.  Actually, they all behaved (a miracle).  Some of them got white boards out and played games.  By the end of the school day, the principal made an announcement that, because of the lightning storm, we were NOT to release the kids.  Their parents would either have to come pick them up or an aide would walk them to the cafeteria.  Good call.  Half my class walks home and I couldn't imagine them walking home in that storm!  When I drove home, I could see pockets of downpours across the valley.  The rain has now moved east, toward the 4 corners states, and Idyllwild has a fresh dusting of snow!   :-)  Here's the view from the Toro Peak webcam yesterday.  You can see the downpour in Deep Canyon.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a scary storm. I'm glad everyone was safe. However, on the flip side, I'll bet you're glad for the much needed rain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it would help your problems with bronchitis, but I also had yearly bouts with it and I also teach contagious kids in junior high. But last year I got a flu shot, pneumonia shot, and a whooping cough shot and this year I never had even a hint of a problem. All shots were free at Walgreens. Just a thought for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God there are no fires!

    ReplyDelete