COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, May 18, 2014

An apology

First of all, I want to apologize if I offended anybody in yesterday's rant about the kids of today.  Believe me, out of my 30 students, there are some EXCELLENT students and citizens.  They aren't ALL bad.

I had a really bad afternoon Friday.  I had been fighting a sore throat for 3 days and I am both physically and mentally exhausted.  I'm thinking about taking Monday off and getting  hauling my butt to the doctor's office.  This exhaustion just can't go on and on and on.

And, yes, once school is over, I do relax.  BUT, it isn't usually until about July 4th that my eye twitch goes away (yes, I have an eye twitch from stress...).  Last year, hubby and I headed up to the Eastern Sierra for 8 nights and I didn't even go to the last day of school.  They docked my paycheck $475.00.  I won't be doing that this year!  He knows how tired and stressed I am, but this summer, we are sticking close to home.  Both of our kids and their families aren't taking an extended summer vacation (like they usually do).  Neither of them can afford it, and frankly, we can't either.  So, we'll pack our tent and camping equipment and head up to our local mountains mid-week a few times this summer.  Hurkey Creek, near Idyllwild, is a good location, but it is full every weekend from now on.  so, we'll shoot for mid-week.

I'm going up to the horse ranch today.  The temperature should drop about 10 degrees and be in the 90's here in the desert.  90 in the desert is actually quite pleasant if there is low humidity.

I've fed the birds, the cats, and the dogs and I'm ready to head up the mountain.

New life from a burned area.  This area burned several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment