I'm not sure if our Canadian friends have heard about the fires in Southern California, but there are several of them, mostly in San Diego county. There is also one up in Santa Barbara county.
When we traveled home from Rancho Bernardo on Sunday (yes, there is one there, too...), we both noticed and commented on how DRY the hillsides were. We've already had temps in the 100's and today, we are headed back that way. It was 108 yesterday, I believe in Orange County, shattering the old record for a daily high. We have about 2-3 more days of 100 plus degree temps and Santa Ana winds.
Fires are in Carlsbad, Rancho Bernardo, Fallbrook/Bonsall, San Marcus, and one near the Marine base at Camp Pendleton. The Fallbrook/Bonsall one is only about 5 miles, as the crow flies, from the horse ranch that my parents owned when I was a child. And, yes, the hills there are very dry...
Our Spring is gone and SUMMER is here. Now. And, it is going to be a LONG summer.
Here's the link to the NBC news station in San Diego:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/
I'm never sure if you can read the Los Angeles Times articles (we have a subscription), but here is their link:
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-fires-20140515-story.html#page=1
Here's the link to CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/us/san-diego-wildfire/
I will be sending thoughts and prayers to all those families. Apparently there are 9 wildfires...
And, this one has a map of the fires:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Three-Wildfires-Burning-in-San-Diego-County-259259701.html
No comments:
Post a Comment