I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Saguaro and desert sky~SkyWatch Friday~050914
We have some imported saguaros up Highway 74, at the Bighorn Development or whatever it is they call it. They aren't very friendly there. My friend and I were chased off one afternoon while we were taking photos. Oh, well...They have planted saguaros at various places along the highway and there are some at their entrance, but OF COURSE you can't stop there to photograph them. And, there is a bike lane both going up and down from the mountain. So, I stopped there and quickly leaned out my window and snapped a couple of photos last weekend. The only other saguaros in our desert are some over at the Living Desert Reserve, where everybody is much friendlier! :-) SkyWatch Friday for May 8, 2014. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How interesting.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea there were any saguaros at all around there. I'm afraid I might have made a scene if somebody tried to stop me from taking photos of something that is in plain view.
ReplyDeleteDramatic shot.
ReplyDeletewww.womenandperspectives.com/2014/05/sky-watch-sunset-skies.html
Pretty shot! My neighbor in 29 has a nice big saguaro... have to check and see if it's flowering.
ReplyDeleteThey are quite aggressive about running off "intruders" on THEIR street, which is right off a public road. I hate them.And, the city of Palm Desert doesn't like cars parking in the bike lane either, so it is VERY hard to get these photos!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful time it is when they are blooming. Bummer they wouldn't let you stay for a few minutes to enjoy them...
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures...but, if the street is a public street paid by tax dollars, I doubt they have the right to chase you off....I would call the police...unless of course, the streets in fenced in and paid for by homeowners - not tax.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dgr8mom.com/2014/05/skywatch-friday.html
Pat Tillet and I are of the same mind!!! What a great shot! I'd love to get a close up of the blossoms!!!
ReplyDelete