I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Quiet weekend
We're spending a quiet, restful weekend with both our kids and their kids up in Idyllwild. We rented a 4 bedroom, 14 bed 2 story cabin and split the cost 3 ways. We brought our own food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is back off the road and there is no traffic. Memorial Day in Idyllwild is a big yard/garage sale weekend, and our daughter and I went around yesterday to several yard sales. She bought some shoes for the 13 month old and some clothing items. I found a set of stamps and a stamp pad for $3.00 and I scored 3 books at their library book sale, including "Secret Window, Secret Garden" which is part of a 4 story anthology by Stephen King. It was so nice yesterday just to go outside and read a book and listen to the robins and the blue jays and watch the antics of the blue jays and squirrels as they were trying to outrace each other and get to the peanuts I had thrown out for them. I heard the screech of a red-tailed hawk yesterday morning and I'm sure it will be out again today. Quail were heard in the afternoon, too. It's just so pleasant and relaxing to be with nature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I could listen to nature all day!!!...:)JP
ReplyDelete