COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, March 3, 2014

Arm update

So, I went to my own doctor this morning, showed her my arm, and she gave me the name of a fairly-new dermatologist here in town.  I have Blue Cross POS (point of service) and I asked to use the non-HMO part, thus I didn't need a referral.  I called the dermatologist's office to set up an appointment, but since they were so close to my house, I decided to just stop in and make an appointment.

Turns out, the staff was nice & friendly and asked if I wanted to wait, that the doctor could see me today!  WHAT?  Since I had to take a day off school anyway, I said, "Sure!", so I filled out the paperwork and 15 minutes later, I went in!  Wow!

Turns out, the doc was a nice, vibrant young lady about our daughter's age.  And, yes, she DID do a biopsy on it, so I should hear back in about a week.  She also gave me a very stern lecture about  being out with the horses without sunscreen...big NO, NO!  Additionally, she gave me a VERY thorough once-over.  She looked in my hair, on my back and chest, and up and down my arms.  Finally, she burned off some of those pre-skin cancers that I get on my face!  I'll look like Frankenstein tomorrow and the next day, but she was worth it!  VERY thorough!  I even bought some of their sunscreen SPRAY and promised to put it on before I go out to work the horses.  Now I just have to remember to do that...I also went to Target and bought ($7.99 each) 3 long-sleeved men's cotton t-shirts (anything to keep the sun OFF my skin).  I also stopped at Sports Authority and bought a Columbia SPF 50 long-sleeved breathable light jacket with velcro pockets for my keys and cell phone ($54.00)...so I'm all set for the upcoming spring and fall months!

I also went to our local Jensen's Market, bought some broccoli salad which I'll eat over the next couple of days.  Did you know that broccoli SPROUTS actually have more cancer-fighting power than regular broccoli?  Trouble is, I can't always find the sprouts.  But, I sure love Jensen's broccoli salad...yum, yum!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you saw the dermatologist. Skin cancer is nothing to mess with. I get checked every year now and always *TRY* to remember the sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna. Yes, I need to stay on top of this. This is the first time in 10 years that I've had another "thing" bubble up...I have ordered some SPF t-shirts, bought a lightweight jacket today, and bought a hat with a flap on the back. Now I'm looking into a SPF umbrella!
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Coolibar for great thin cloths for us that have issues with the sun. I have quite a bit of their stuff and you would love it. Hope the biopsy goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SPF is a must....I wear it nearly all year...:)JP

    ReplyDelete